[Axiom-developer] AXIOM book project on Axiom Portal

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM book project on Axiom Portal
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 01:28:15 -0400

Tim, Bob,

I have begun converting some of the AXIOM book to "wiki" form on
the portal. For the most part I am able to cut-and-paste the
contents of the book LaTeX file directly into the wiki pages.
Some of the LaTeX coding has to be modified, but it doesn't
take very long - mostly getting rid of the simulated Axiom
output since it is now generated automatically by Axiom itself.
To make the editing a little easier I have made a few more
improvements to the Axiom interface. Now I think it is pretty
solid and I would like to advertise it to the rest of the
Axiom user group and a few other places. Tim, is that ok with
you?

Anyway, take a look at

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/refs/books/axiombook

and especially the Graphics section at

  http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/Plone/refs/books/axiombook/Graphics

The Axiom graphics Draw program is actually called in this
worksheet but as you know the part that converts the Axiom
intermediate stuff to postscript is not quite ready yet. So
the graphic is actually generated from the same postscript file
that is used in the book. I was quite pleased by how the graphic
looks on the web!

Bob, because of the printing problems in Plone I was motivated
to upgraded the system to the most recent version of LatexWiki. I
had no problems at all, but unfortunately printing still doesn't
work properly from a Zwiki inside of Plone. Is this a know problem?

If/when you have an updated version of LatexWiki which includes
the Axiom interface, please let me know and I will give it a try
here. Be sure to get the most recent version of the source since
I have been continuing to make small changes to it.