Re: [Axiom-developer] debian layout

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] debian layout
Date: 07 Jun 2004 11:10:09 -0400

Greetings, and thanks!

Tim Daly  <address@hidden> writes:

> I looked over your debian layout and I don't see anything wrong
> with it. As I'm not running debian anywhere I really can't test
> it but if it passes the .input file tests then it should be fine.

Great!

Here are some comments I've received from another very helpful Debian
axiom user.  I'd appreciate your thoughts on these too if you have a
moment before finalizing the package.  I think including the .dvi is
a good idea, but am unsure of whether it would be better in axiom-doc
as opposed to its own axiom-source-doc -- are these files logically
separate from the other documentation?  I don't know anything about the
.as files.

Two remarks:

  I have been surprised to see a few .as files in axiom-test.  I
thought they were specific to Aldor (and not Axiom).  Are they just
lying there without ever been used (I have not checked what they
were)?

  What would you think of a (new) axiom-source-doc package that would
also include the output of noweave in .dvi or .ps or even .pdf.  I
mean giving the sources with their comments in typeset format as
expected by Tim from his literate programming pamphlets (maybe even
the typset makefile...).