[Axiom-developer] RE: maxima and axiom

From: Stavros Macrakis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: maxima and axiom
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:31:58 -0400

> Maxima and Axiom can work together usefully. One interesting
> idea is that since maxima is common lisp and axiom is also
> common lisp we could run them both in the same image.

That would be great!  I don't know anything at all about Axiom, so I
have no clue about how that would work....

Maxima is not a clean system.  A lot of state is held in global
variables or communicated via global variables.  Errors aren't always
clean.  Etc.  So it is not easy to make it "play well with others".  But
there are certainly clean parts, and other parts might be encapsulable.

      -s