Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling error

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Compiling error
Date: 05 Apr 2004 11:34:59 -0400

Greetings, and thanks for your feedback!

I've read your recent messages indicating your suspicion that a recent
update has renderred your system unstable in some way.  I concur that
this is likely.  Please check just in case that your new kernel is not
doing some Fedora-type exec-shield protection.  I think this is not
the case, as your failure should have been much earlier.  The most
recent stable 2.6.2 release candidate has an automatic workaround for
this situation, but I'm not sure if it is in the axiom tree yet.

In any case, should you wish to pursue, please build gcl with
debugging (add --enable-debug to the configure command line), then run
the lisp image in gdb (gdb obj/linux/bin/lisp, most likely), 'r' to
start, and then (compile-file "....").  When you get the segfault,
start by reporting a backtrace with 'bt'.

Take care,