Re: [Axiom-developer] A PDF version of the book

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] A PDF version of the book
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:00:59 +0100

David,

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 09:26:47PM +0200, David MENTRE wrote:
<snip>
> I had issues with graphics. I have transformed all of them with ps2pdf
> and epstopdf but the transformation of bessintr.ps failed (lack of
> Bounding Box). Moreover, once included, they have strange behavior (the
> graphic is alone on a page). I've not investigated much on this issue.

This is normal when you use this approach.  We use the graphicx package
to import images into LaTeX which is designed to deal with latex vs
pdflatex issues.  Given a postscript file we convert it to a png using
the convert utility from the ImageMafick package (on Linux).  If you
then have a line like: \includegraphics[width=7.5cm]{pic} in your source
file it will use the ps file when processing with latex and the png file
when processing with pdflatex.  The results usually look identical.

Chhers, Mike.

http://www.star.net.uk