Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Trying to build axiom

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Trying to build axiom
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:31:40 -0500

Peter,

The depsys image is just a lisp image with a few files loaded.
It may be that the "unexec" failed. That is, I believe, the system
call that lisp uses to do save-system. We've had unexec problems
with Fedora, the new RedHat version because they have a new "security"
wrinkle called exec-shield.

A lisp image strongly cares about its stack. Odds are that you can't
save an image.

If lisp exists try this:

cd (yourpath)/obj/linux/bin

./lisp
> (system::save-system "foo")       <= this will exit lisp

./foo

If you don't get the second prompt then you probably can't save lisp
images. Either way, let us know what happens.

Tim