[Axiom-developer] RE: libaldor

From: hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: libaldor
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:58:19 +0100 (CET)

Dear Tim,

>> How was libaxiom.al produced?

> I no longer remember exactly. But Aldor can generate .c files which
> get compiled to .o files. I believe these are boxed up into a .a
> library using ar.

That is correct. My question was directed to the sources. There must
be some .as files somewhere which where used to produce libaxiom.a.
>From them I could perhaps make a link and a corresponding description
available. At least I would like to have a look into it to see how
much work it would be.

> The algebra connection is a fluffier subject

Since I don't need the axiom algebra, the connection to algebra
domains is not so important (at least not at the moment). Anyway, I
guess that connection from my private types to axiom algebra types is
just a matter of data conversion. I would do this when I see need for
it.

Ralf