[Axiom-developer] Re: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:14:32 +0200

Hello Tim,

I had properly updated my CVS tree before doing the make.

root <address@hidden> writes:

> I believe that both you and David had a problem.
> I probably uploaded a bad Makefile.pamphlet.

I think I have understood: there are both interp/Makefile and
interp/Makefile.pamphlet in the CVS, with the *same* date[1].

In the Makefile, INTERP.EXPOSED is present[2].
In the Makefile.pamphlet, INTERP.EXPOSED is gone.

As the date are the same, Makefile is not rebuild from
Makefile.pamphlet. Thus the wrong reference to INTERP.EXPOSED.

 => Erasing src/interp/Makefile solve the issue.

Conclusion: we should erase from CVS the following files:

lsp/ccl/src/axbase/Makefile
lsp/ccl/src/Makefile
lsp/ccl/src/boot/Makefile
lsp/ccl/src/caxbase/Makefile
lsp/ccl/src/cclbase/Makefile
lsp/ccl/src/cslbase/Makefile
lsp/ccl/src/scripts/Makefile
lsp/ccl/src/util/Makefile
lsp/ccl/Makefile
lsp/Makefile
src/algebra/Makefile
src/Makefile
src/boot/Makefile
src/doc/Makefile
src/etc/Makefile
src/include/Makefile
src/input/Makefile
src/interp/Makefile
src/lib/Makefile
src/scripts/Makefile
src/share/Makefile

(notice that I propose to keep the root Makefile*. We have already
discussed that before)

Yours,
d.

[1] At least in my clean CVS tree. I don't know if this behavior is due
    to CVS or due to my own use of CVS.

[2] See
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/axiom/axiom/src/interp/Makefile?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
--