Re: [Axiom-developer] Small TeX output patch

From: Dylan Thurston
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Small TeX output patch
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 19:16:46 -0400

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:41:29PM +0200, David MENTRE wrote:
> root <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >> (I'm not sure what the etiquette is.  Should I just go ahead and file
> >> the bugs myself, and will anybody notice if I do?  Is there a way for me
> >> to subscribe to the BTS?  I count three bugs here:
> >
> > David Mentre is the "bug czar". We can do it any way he wants.
> > David?
>
> Dylan, yes, you should fill the bug yourself.

OK, I filed the second two, longer-term bugs; it seems as though the
"infinity" problem is already done.

> ... Both Tim and I receive an email when a new bug is filled, so yes
> your bug is noticed[1]. If you have a savannah account, I _think_ you
> can add yourself to the CC: of the bug (so being informed of new
> information on your bug).

I didn't see how to do this.  But also, I would like to get
notifications of new bugs (and maybe also CVS updates) myself; is this
possible?

> Even if you don't think this is a real bug but a needed redesign or a
> missing functionnality, you can add it as a "feature request", with a
> low bug Severity (I usually use 1 to 3).

I don't think I have the permissions to set the bug Severity, or I would
have done so...

> If you fill a bug or a feature request, please give example of the given
> command and both the failing and expected output. It helps a lot to
> understand the bug. Your example with "fi"'s ligature in your latest bug
> report is a good example of that.

I saw a place to put test code showing the problem, but no place for
failing and expected output.  Where should I put that?  In the
description of the bug itself?

Also, is it possible to submit bugs by e-mail, the way I can with
Debian?

Peace,
        Dylan