Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:29:59 +0200

Hello Bill,

"Page, Bill" <address@hidden> writes:

>  I was a little confused about the used of some of the fields on the
> bug report form.

I tried to follow Tim examples. It wasn't clear to me. :)

> Let me know if you think I could have / should have done it a little
> differently.

It seems mostly correct to me. Some further clarification:

The "Example:" is intended to contain runnable Axiom code that would
serve as showing the bug or (once fixed) non-regression testing. In
other words, it is intended to construct bugs.pamphlet and
fixed.pamphlet that Tim wants. I do not know Axiom's language yet but it
would be nice to have some code like "if round(-3.77623) = -4 then print
'ok' else print 'error'" (or raise an exception or wathever the
non-regression infrastructure would need).

The "Explanation:" field is intended to contain the explanation of the
bug (i.e. the real cause of the bug), once the bug is fixed.

I recognized that some fields are overlaping.

I hope I am more clear. I'll try to refine savannah's bug report fields.

Yours,
d.
--
 address@hidden