[Axiom-developer] Red Flag package requirements

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Red Flag package requirements
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:57:11 -0400

Gentlemen,

I was given this address as a contact point for the developers of
your Linux distribution.

My name is Tim Daly. I am the lead developer on the Axiom project
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom). Axiom is a computer
algebra system that was originally developed at IBM Research. It
was later sold commercially by the Numerical Algorithms Group. As
of September, 2002 it was withdrawn from the market and released
as free and open source code.

Axiom is a recognized, world-class computer algebra system similar
in scope to Mathematica and Maple. The released system is still being
restructured but we expect to have an initial distribution, including
sources, by year end. The system is licensed under the Modified BSD.

Axiom's primary audience is academic with a strong following by
researchers, teachers, and students. These groups tend to be early
users of technology such as Linux.

We are planning to make Axiom run on all of the major operating
system distributions. Can you forward this mail to someone who can
provide technical requirements for working with your distribution?

We look forward to a mutually cooperative effort that will enhance
your distribution's value to your customers and provide Axiom with
a wider audience.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you.

Tim Daly
address@hidden
address@hidden