Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] compiling the algebra files with gcl
Date: 11 Aug 2003 15:51:07 -0400

Hello again!  Just an update, I replace src/algebra with Juergen's
tree, installed and edited his Makefile.inc, and then attempted a
clean build.

Fails at this point:

0 making /fix/t1/camm/axiom/axiom2/new/new/int/algebra/LODO1.NRLIB from
/fix/t1/camm/axiom/axiom2/new/new/int/algebra/LODO1.spad

(AXIOM Sockets) The AXIOM server number is undefined.
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.
Monday July 28, 2003 at 18:57:13

   Compiling AXIOM source code from file
      /fix/t1/camm/axiom/axiom2/new/new/int/algebra/LODO1.spad using
      old system compiler.
   LODO1 abbreviates domain LinearOrdinaryDifferentialOperator1
****** comp fails at level 1 with expression: ******
((DEF (|LinearOrdinaryDifferentialOperator1| A)
      (NIL (|DifferentialRing|)) (NIL NIL)
      (|LinearOrdinaryDifferentialOperator| A
          (|elt| A |differentiate|))))
****** level 1  ******
$x:= (DEF (LinearOrdinaryDifferentialOperator1 A) (NIL (DifferentialRing)) (NIL
NIL) (LinearOrdinaryDifferentialOperator A (elt A differentiate)))
$m:= $EmptyMode
$f:=
((((|$DomainsInScope| # #))))

   >> Apparent user error:
   bad == form
   (DEF (LinearOrdinaryDifferentialOperator1 A) ( ) ( )
(LinearOrdinaryDifferentialOperator A (elt A differentiate)))

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
(1) ->    Please enter y or yes if you really want to leave the interactive
      environment and return to the operating system:
0 making /fix/t1/camm/axiom/axiom2/new/new/mnt/linux/algebra/LODO1.o from
/fix/t1/camm/axiom/axiom2/new/new/int/algebra/LODO1.NRLIB
cp: cannot stat
`/fix/t1/camm/axiom/axiom2/new/new/int/algebra/LODO1.NRLIB/code.o': No such
file or directory

Take care,