RE: [Axiom-developer] Compiling

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Compiling
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:13:05 -0400

On Saturday, April 26, 2003 12:45 PM David Mentre
address@hidden wrote:

> On that subject, you should consider to have a look at:
> "Recursive Make Considered Harmful "
> http://www.tip.net.au/~millerp/rmch/recu-make-cons-harm.html

Thank you David. I found the article very educational.

It seems to me that Peter Miller's observations apply
quite directly to the current Axiom makefile structure.
Perhaps the process of constructing a single make file
for Axiom would help to identify the dependency cycles
with which Tim is currently struggling. In a complete
makefile such dependencies ought to generate error
message even before the build process begins. Right?