Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [xml-litprog-l] Re: noweb, pamphlets, and TeXm

From: michel . lavaud
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: [xml-litprog-l] Re: noweb, pamphlets, and TeXmacs
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:08:11 +0100

Hello Mike,

>  Now if you want an archive format

More generally a stable format (is MathML stable?), for archiving of
course but also for importing, so that one can select for example a TeX
formula in an old document and drop it in Axiom or Maxima, and get the
result. The people of Scientific Software already did a good job in
importing TeX formulas. Unfortunately it's commercial, but it suggests
it's possible. People of LyX did also work in this direction, but much
less far (at least at the time when I compared both).

> then thats a different matter but I don't think that writing a document
> in LaTeX is any guarentee that it will be readable in 10 years let alone
> 100.  Make a hard copy on vellum, thats my advice :-)

Next year, it will be TeX's 25th anniversary, so we are closer to 100 than
to 10... But anyway, you're right, I will buy some vellum, just in case
(hope to use it for MathML ;-)

Best wishes,

address@hidden
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/EXT/ASTEX
ftp://ftp.univ-orleans.fr/pub/tex/PC/AsTeX
liste de discussion: address@hidden
Abonnement à la liste: envoyer un message de contenu
"sub astex Nom Prenom Etablissement" à address@hidden