Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on Cygwin for Axiom

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL on Cygwin for Axiom
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:59:24 +0000

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:21:59PM -0500, Bill Page wrote:
> Since GCL can already be built on both Linux and Windows
> (with mingw), the only problem is CCL. CCL should be
> relatively easy to port, but my initial worry would
> be the use of SUN rpc in CCL. I am quite sure there is
> no port of this version of rpc to native Windows, is
> there? I even had trouble finding one that works with
> Cygwin.
CCL should build "out pof the box" on Windows - after all we have been
shipping the Windows version of Axiom based on it for many years.  The
Axiom architecture is different on Unix and Windows and the RPC
dependency you found almost certainly only exists in the Unix build.
The problem may be in generating a correct makefile - there are tools
for doing this (makebase etc) but they may need adapting to take account
of the non-standard Axiom enhancements.

Kind regards,

Mike.