[Axiom-developer] [axiom] Axiom and noweb

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [axiom] Axiom and noweb
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:00:41 -0400

Norman,

I'm building a computer algebra system called Axiom which has been
released as free software (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom).
I'm working on rewriting the Axiom source code to deeply depend on
literate programming and, in particular, on noweb.

In addition, I'm working on defining a document format that requires
user examples, test cases, help documentation and cross references to
other documents that will be loaded when this document is used. I can
create most of these sections by using <<special-tag-name>> conventions
and post-processors. As I add requirements I'm not sure that will continue
in the future.

You state in your license that I'm allowed to create derivative works
provided I retain the copyright notice but the result may not be called
noweb without your written consent.

I'm not particularly eager to change the name since I'd like to give
credit and make reference to your work. As I'm fulfilling the license
requirements at this time I don't see a problem with keeping the name
"noweb". However, I'd like you to be aware of its use.

Tim
address@hidden