[avrdude-dev] [bug #55561] FTDI Bitbang not working

From: Hannes Bulk
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #55561] FTDI Bitbang not working
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 12:30:28 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: HannesB
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: 6.3
         Discussion Lock: Any
     Programmer hardware: FTDI Bitbang
             Device type: ATMega with SPI

Details:

I am using AVRDUDE 6.3 on Windows 10.
When i try to program a AVR processor using the FTDI Bitbang methode, windows
reports missing FTDI drivers.
All the driver files are present, but to get this working AVRDUDE must be
recompiled, with the FTDI Direct D2xx drivers.
I don't have the knowledge how to do this.

As an alternative you can use the normal serial bitbang driver, but this is
very slow and, only suitable to program a small program (Bootloader).

I also found an older patched version that will work, but this is not a good
solution, because it doesn't support new devices.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?55561>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/