Re: [avrdude-dev] Reading/writing 256rfr2 user signature pages

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Reading/writing 256rfr2 user signature pages
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 09:00:02 +0200

(Better subscribe to the list to not miss replies.)

As Raido Pahtma wrote:

> My guess is that it should be possible to achieve without any changes to
> avrdude code by simply defining a new memory area in avrdude.conf for
> this chip?

Unfortunately not.

I've opened a placeholder bug report for it so it won't be forgotten:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44644

I once started an implementation attempt for it (I'd need it myself at
work as well), but stumbled across some roadblocks.  In particular,
writing the signature rows must be done pagewise, which would
require yet another page cache.  That, in turn, is asking for
implementing generic page caches, rather than adding a third hack ...

But well, maybe it's simpler to just add the hack, i.e. some more
stuff to add to the private programmer data block in each programmer
implementation.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/