[avrdude-dev] Reading/writing 256rfr2 user signature pages

From: Raido Pahtma
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Reading/writing 256rfr2 user signature pages
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 08:30:37 +0300

Hi,

I'm looking to replace avrstudio in a production tester with avrdude and the only thing that is stopping me is the lack of support for writing the user signature area on a 256rfr2 (http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44644).

My guess is that it should be possible to achieve without any changes to avrdude code by simply defining a new memory area in avrdude.conf for this chip?

I did not however immediately understand the logic between how the commands are defined in the datasheet and how they are handled by avrdude.conf. So I was hoping for some help in this regard. Any suggestions / did I not notice some documentation / where to look?

Raido