Re: [avrdude-dev] New programmer support

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] New programmer support
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 22:12:21 +0200

As Dmitriy Kanareykin wrote:

> And the programmer works with Chinese software, so it seems to be the
> intended behaviour.

OK, in that case, someone would really have to write a new
implementation for AVRDUDE.

Any chance to ask the Chinese guys for some documentation
about the protocol?  After all, they appear to be interested
in selling hardware rather than software, so an additional
tool being able to talk to their hardware would be a gain
for them.

Once the protocol is known, someone had to implement it …

As Rene Liebscher wrote:

>    could you just try usbasp-clone instead of usbasp as the latter
>    requires the vendor string [1]fischl.de.

Given that the programmer is a (high-voltage) parallel programmer,
I don't think it will work with plain Fischl USB protocol at all.

But OK, it might be worth an attempt.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/