Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41561] AVRDUDE 6.0.1/USBasp doesn't write first bytes of flash page
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 08:13:39 +0100

Just for the record:

As Karsten wrote:

(bootstrap script)

> Most projects i have to compile for myself use the old method with a
> ready configure file or they are using cmake now. I don't know why.

The configure file is the *output* of autoconf/automake.  It is never
maintained manually.

Yes, some projects also check in a version of that script into their
VCS tree, but many don't – including AVRDUDE.  For those that don't,
you have to create the configure script yourself when trying to
compile a non-released tree.  During the release process, the
configure script will always be generated from scratch.

So, if you pick the fresh AVRDUDE 6.2 release version, you'll find the
configure script as you are used to.

> Configuration summary:
> ----------------------
> DO HAVE    libelf
> DO HAVE    libusb
> DO HAVE    libusb_1_0
> DON'T HAVE libftdi1
> DO HAVE    libftdi
> DON'T HAVE libhid
> DO HAVE    pthread
> DISABLED   doc
> ENABLED    parport
> DISABLED   linuxgpio

> What is libftdi1?
> It seems that there are no files existing for it:

My guess is your system has the library, but lacks "devlopment"
support for it (header files, static library).  Most Linux
distributions distinguish between both.

> The same problem is with libhid:
>
> libhidapi-dev - Multi-Platform library for communication with HID devices
> (development files)

Here, you've got the "-dev" package, yes, but mind the different name:
"libhid" vs. "libhidapi".

The latter is not (yet – this might change) used by AVRDUDE.

The former is something similar, but only for Win32 environments, so
it's kinda expected you don't have it. ;-)  It can be used by the
USBasp code, in order to access the HID personality of the USBasp
firmware.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/