Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #44717] avrdude creates empty flash dump

From: D
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #44717] avrdude creates empty flash dump
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 19:56:02 +0300

Thank you Joerg,

This feature is a very bad style of programming and should not be the
default option for sure.
It resembles the game without an "exit-hotkey". :)
Now I see that the guy who invented this feature was trying to save some
space on his HDD but it is not polite to program in such a way.

I waste about 2 days to discover this undocumented feature because I got
assured that my AVR was pre-programmed and finally it was empty.
As you may see I was novice but I am a 20-year programmer and because of it
I entered and exited the same door not less 100 times.

And anyway this is the BUG!!!
BECAUSE:
if you do read and then just make verify then avrdude will crash with
divided by zero "feature"... :) Verify is not working with empty file... :)

Anyway thank you very much for the reply.

Kind regards,

Dmitry

PS: Nobody(Google, Yandex) knows about this feature by the way.... heck...
time wasted...

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient,
please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access,
review and disclosure by the sender's e-mail System Administrator.