[avrdude-dev] [bug #43626] Inconsistent timeouts in stk500v2

From: Matthijs Kooijman
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #43626] Inconsistent timeouts in stk500v2
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:07:55 +0000

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #43626 (project avrdude):

> Do you have any indication this situation (character received
by ser_posix, but then thrown away due to being older than
two seconds) is really triggered in any practical situation,
or is this rather a theoretical possibility?

No, it's just something I noticed while looking at the code. I did have some
timeout-related problems, but I don't think this actually influences it.

I don't mind to keep it like this now, though perhaps adding a comment here or
there might help prevent future confusion (people thinking there is a retry
after 2s while it's really after 5s or something)? Just a suggestion :-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?43626>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/