[avrdude-dev] [bug #41854] avrdude 6.1 does not compile on systems witho

From: Volker
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41854] avrdude 6.1 does not compile on systems without libUSB
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 07:42:53 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, bug #41854 (project avrdude):

Let me allow to ask a - possibly dumb - follow-up question. I tried to compile
avrdude-6.1 under MinGW (latest version running under Win 7) and came across
the reported bug, although I do have the libusb installed, however in version
1.0.9, so flag HAVE_LIBUSB is not defined or set, but HAVE_LIBUSB_1_0 is set.

I would expect that I can use EITHER libusb-0.1.x or libusb-1.x.x and that
once I use ONE of them, USB support is present. Is that correct?

If that is correct, does libusb-1.x.x not require the code in flip1.c and
flip2.c and dfu.c, so that my compile should actually work, as USB support is
present? Or are these files only required for libusb-0.1.x?

Same question for libftdi: I assume I require just ONE of the libraries,
EITHER libftdi OR libftdi1?

What happens if I install both (in parallel), in both cases?

Is pthread actually required or of great advantage?

My Configuration summary:
-------------------------
DO HAVE    libelf
DON'T HAVE libusb
DO HAVE    libusb_1_0
DON'T HAVE libftdi1
DON'T HAVE libftdi
DO HAVE    libhid
DON'T HAVE pthread
ENABLED    doc
ENABLED    parport
DISABLED   linuxgpio

(I did not manage to compile libftdi1 without errors, so I tried without
FTDI-support, as I only require AVRDUDE to run with JTAG ICE 3.)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41854>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/