[avrdude-dev] [bug #41928] Avrdude fails to burn flash of Atmega328p usi

From: anonymous
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #41928] Avrdude fails to burn flash of Atmega328p using buspirate with Arduino IDE
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:37:19 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: Roberto Aragón
        Originator Email: address@hidden
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

If using the buspirate support on avrdude 6.1 (and 5.5 also tested), the flash
gets corrupted the second time it is used with arduino IDE (the first time
always ends with success).

The only workaround is to use avrdude with the "-e" switch (or without "-D" to
avoid automatic flash erasure). The MCU is then correctly flashed every time,
but the RESET support is gone. This is the expected behaviour, since erasing
the flash also erases the bootloader and the RESET support.

The short error message shown is something like this:

Attempting to initiate BusPirate binary mode...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x010a
         0x68 != 0x6a
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

I compiled avrdude 6.1 from scratch in a GNU/Linux machine and copied the
configuration file and the executable to the tools dir of the Arduino IDE with
identical results.

Maybe this is the expected behaviour. If so, I apologize, I'm a beginner and
maybe I misunderstood something about this tool.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?41928>

  Mensaje enviado vía/por Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/