[avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 6.1 released

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 6.1 released
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 00:25:18 +0100

I decided to roll a quick (really quick) release of AVRDUDE 6.1.

Sorry to everyone who submitted patches or file bug reports: they
might not have been considered this time.  The decision was a quick
one, and a tradeoff between rolling something really soon now, or
deferring it for at least another four weeks (due to lack of time).

Given that a number of important bugfixes already went in since 6.0.1,
and given that we have support for Atmel's new EDBG platform (which is
applicable to recent firmware versions of the JTAGICE3, the embedded
programmers/debuggers of the recent XplainedPro boards, and the new
Atmel-ICE), plus support for FLIPv1/v2 bootloaders, I decided for the
quick release, just to get all this out to the users.

I promise a more thoroughfully prepared release for 6.2. :)

Here's the release notes aka. NEWS file:

  * Major changes compared to the previous version:
    - Atmel EDBG protocol support added (JTAGICE3, XplainedPro, Atmel-ICE)

  * New programmers supported:
    - Atmel DFU, using FLIP protocol version 1 (AT90USB and ATmega*U* devices),
      or version 2 (Xmega devices)
    - Atmel-ICE (ARM/AVR), JTAG, PDI, debugWIRE, ISP modi

  * Bugfixes
    - bug #40055: AVRDUDE segfaults when writing eeprom
    - bug #40085: Typo fix in fuses report (for 6.1-svn-20130917)
    - bug #40782: Verify errors for object size > 16 k on x32e5 due
      to typo in avrdude.conf
    - bug #40817: Elf file support (possibly) not working on 6.0.1 windows build
    - bug #40897: AT Mega2560 not correctly programmed with stk500(v1)
      ISP (solution patch)
    - bug #41357: OS X: Avrdude messes with the usb stack?
    - bug #41402: dfu.c missing include <stdint.h>
    - patch #7896: DFU FLIPv2 programming support
    - patch #XXXX: xxx

  * Internals:
    - (Some) programmers can take a list of USB PIDs now.

--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/