[avrdude-dev] [patch #8380] adds 500k 1M 2M baud to ser_posix.c

From: Georg von Zengen
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #8380] adds 500k 1M 2M baud to ser_posix.c
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:22:31 +0000

Follow-up Comment #7, patch #8380 (project avrdude):

The last days I put a bit more work into this and think I did some progress.
The custom_baud.patch adds not only the three rate mentioned in the topic. It
enables avrdude to set "every" custom baud rate.
It is "every" because of kernel/hardware limitations.

The patch supports mac os x and linuxs.
For mac os x 921600 is the maximum baud rate, it seem to be a kernel/hardware
limitation.
For linux I tested it up to 2M baud on different debian and arch systems and a
fedora virtualbox.

For all not os x or linux systems the patch does not change anything, here the
standard posix way is used.
This is mostly because of my missing knowledge of BSDs.

The Patch also fixes the issue of checking the return values of cfsetospeed()
and  cfsetispeed() you mentioned before.

Custom baud rates are useful for avrdude because it makes programming this
serial bootloaders faster even if the maximum baud rate of the avr is kind of
odd.

So this patch makes baudrate.patch obsolete.

(file #30874)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: custom_baud.patch              Size:5 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8380>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/