Re: [avrdude-dev] 6.0.1 - STK500v2 page write broken for pages greater t

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] 6.0.1 - STK500v2 page write broken for pages greater than 256b?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 00:06:47 +0200

As natan keddem wrote:

> Am I totally off base here?  I am a bit new to all this code
> obviously and may have misread something....

You are certainly right on this.

As a first step, please file a formal bug report:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=avrdude

So far, this was probably never considered at all in the code.
The reason is that the plain old STK500 never supported Xmega
devices, and page sizes beyond 256 bytes only appeared with
the advent of the Xmega.

Other programmers already implement something like that, so
it's a matter of modifying the STK500v2 code appropriately.
It probably also means that for each full page, the programmer
must be told to actually write the page now and in contrast,
for all buffers that are incomplete pages, the respective bit
must be omitted.
--
cheers, Joerg               .-.-.   --... ...--   -.. .  DL8DTL

http://www.sax.de/~joerg/