[avrdude-dev] FT2232H-based programmers

From: Дмитрий Головин
Subject: [avrdude-dev] FT2232H-based programmers
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 20:26:22 +0400

Hi,

I saw avrdude 5.11 release with MPSSE support and thought it would be very
fast. I ordered the FT2232H Mini-Module and now I received it. Having this tiny
thing is cool, but I don't know what to do with it (I'm pretty new to all this,
really).
To test MPSSE I need to somehow connect my FT2232 to target AVR. I looked up in
/etc/avrdude.conf and found out that FT2232 pin numbers are just numbers and
and in FT2232 datasheet it's legs have different name: {A,B}{C,D}BUS{0-7}. So
how do I connect it?
There is also a buffer IC (74AC244) mentioned in config file. Is it optional or
not? If not, what other buffer ICs may be used? If it is optional, what is it
for and what is it's benefit? And what does "active low" (about LEDs) mean?
Should led be placed between FT2232H output and GND or VCC?
And the last question to the owners of this Mini-Module. In manual it is said
to connect VBUS to VCC. Is it a good idea to connect it through additional
voltage regulator (AMS1117-5.0V) in case USB power is more than 5V? It is also
said to connect V3V3 to VIO. Should I connect it to all four VIO pins or just
one of them?

Regards,
Dmitry