[avrdude-dev] [bug #38659] AVRFTDI not working anymore since svn1098 and

From: Tom
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #38659] AVRFTDI not working anymore since svn1098 and destroys flash-contents
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 17:52:45 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #38659 (project avrdude):

For r1097, the file not exists before, it's created but empty for raw data
(size=0) or starts with some expected stuff for hex-files (but the content is
missing).

For r1139, there must be something different. I guess - it can't be a hardware
or driver problem, if the previous software version can communicate without
problems and the new one stops with the same system, libraries and conditions
(just switch to other svn-version and call configure/make).

- A re-enumeration should not occur, because that will create a new node in
/dev/bus/usb/... with the wrong rights, i don't noticed.
- removing the ftdi_sio module not helps, same problem as before

Last time i started debugging, the application hangs inside
write_flush-function (especially the ftdi_write_data-call), previously used
ftdi_usb_purge_buffers, but without deeper knowlege - i don't know what's
going on.

Another problem is, if the previous application call failed (Ctrl+C) .. the
next call hangs at beginning with:

> [..]
>                                   1    OUTPUT      1      0
>                                   0    OUTPUT      0      0
>
>         Programmer Type : avrftdi
>         Description     : FT2232D based generic programmer
>
>avrftdi: Setting pin 4 (ADBUS3) as RESET: low (high active)
>avrftdi: avrdude info: direction: 0x000b, value: 0x0000
>avrftdi: FTDI LOG: 80 00 0b 82 00 00

Looks like the initialization of the FTDI not works properly to start from a
clean starting line.

Maybe you can create a working windows binary with latest svn version, if it
is working with your hardware (just read a empty flash back in file), it
should working with my hardware too.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38659>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/