[avrdude-dev] [bug #38172] avrftdi: Incorrect information in avrdude.con

From: azudem
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #38172] avrftdi: Incorrect information in avrdude.conf
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:28:10 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name: azudem
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

(Sorry for bad English.)

>From avrdude.conf:

# ISP-signals - lower ACBUS-Nibble
reset  = 4;
sck    = 1;

First of all (not main), if I try to change this pin assignment, avrdude give
error. Indeed, the assignment from avrdude.conf is *fixed*, so why it is
*config*?

Second bug (and main). This pins from ADBUS, not ACBUS!

I killed about half of my holiday trying do avrdude work with ftdi chip.
avrduded *never* print an intelligible error message, but only "initialization
failed, rc=-1" (what is rc??? how the knowledge that its "-1" can help me?);
verbose mode doesn't help because it print debug messages for programmer, not
user (like "avrdude info: pin 0004 bit 0008 value 0x0000"). Only with google I
find forum topic where man say that it's known bug that avrdude's ACBUS is
really ADBUS and avrdude's pin 1-4 is really pins 0-3.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38172>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/