[avrdude-dev] Write byte to flash at arbitrary memory location

From: Lars Andersson
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Write byte to flash at arbitrary memory location
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 18:07:36 +0100

I am using the -O flag to calibrate the internal RC oscillator using a
AVRISPmkII. After the calibration is completed the calib byte is stored in
eeprom. I then want to write this byte to flash at an arbitrary memory
location, like what is done in this feature request (
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?17487 )

Here's a command line example:
avrdude -cstk500v2 -B4 -pm16 -P/dev/ttyS0 -v -e -Uflash:w:main.hex:i,10,0,6

Is this implemented in avrdude already or do I have to apply the patch and
recompile. Also, if not implemented is there a reason for this ?

Regards,
/Lars