Re: [avrdude-dev] ATXMega___A_U Support?

From: Kirill Levchenko
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] ATXMega___A_U Support?
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 11:29:46 -0800

The new XMEGAs A3Us and A4Us don't seem to work with the existing JTAG code; I
think the protocol may have changed in some incompatible way. However there is
a patch I submitted that allows DFU programming (i.e., without a programmer,
using the built-in bootloader per AVR4023):

http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?7896

It doesn't look like the patch has been accepted into the code base. However
you can apply it yourself locally. If you do, please report results; this may
accelerate its acceptance.

Kirill