Re: [avrdude-dev] FTDI flashing stops at different positions

From: Hannes Weisbach
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] FTDI flashing stops at different positions
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:00:50 +0200

Am 17.07.2012 um 18:30 schrieb Daniel Schulz:

> Hello Devs!
Hello Daniel,

> I've got another little problem and I cannot get any information about it.

Which OS are you running? I guess Linux?
> After that I have to hit Ctrl-C to get back to command line. But I
> dont get any other Information. It appeared from one day to another
> without any change on my setup. It simply stops the flashing process.
> What can I do??
You can try to remove the power from the FTDI. Sometimes the chip inexplicably
hangs ...
If you read the flash back (-U r:flash:out.hex:i), does the memory match the
hex file you programmed or does that read hang too?
If I remember correctly, avrftdi had a faulty polling routine which could
result in an infinite loop.
I do not remember, however, in which version I fixed that and if I even
committed a patch - so try the SVN-version.

If the hang occurs on the last page, you don't have a problem, since the flash
will be programmed correctly. However avrdude will not be able to verify the
memory or terminate properly.

Hope this helps,
Hannes