Re: [avrdude-dev] Hacking avrdude to add a new bit-banging programming m

From: Radoslav Kolev
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Hacking avrdude to add a new bit-banging programming mechanism..
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:18:33 +0200

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Gordon Henderson
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2012, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Just to follow-up my own email - I had a reply off-list from Radoslav Kolev
> with some patches to add in "proper" Linux GPIO support - which I applied to
> 5.10 and it's worked a treat!

It was just me forgetting to hit reply all.

> (Needed to up max. pin number from 17 to a bit more in config_gram.y) though
> as I'm using a GPIO pin numbered 25)

Yes, this is an issue. In general gpio numbers can be even more than
hundred.  So, Joerg, is there any bad side effect if this value is
increased?

> I've not checked to see if these patches are in later versions, but if not,
> then do consider them for inclusion!

It is not included. The main reason is there is no good documentation
written. See a discussion about this a couple of weeks ago in this
list. I have volunteered to do this, but I'm really busy with work
until the end of this week. I'll try to do is beginning of next week.
Of coure, if you'd like to help you're more than welcome.

Regards,
Rado