[avrdude-dev] [patch #7729] Updated support for FTDI-232H

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [patch #7729] Updated support for FTDI-232H
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:13:18 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I was having some problems with certain .hex files not being verified
correctly in my old 5.11-patch7610 of AVRDUDE.

I have since checked out SVN1068 and applied patch #7610 making the necessary
changes so that it compiled.

The new binary now verifies the problematic hex files correctly.

This patch adds support for the FTDI-232H part which will be properly
available in the upcoming libftdi-0.20.  In addition it enables the 30MHz
clock in the FTDI chip for all H suffix components.  This will obviously allow
SPI rates up to 30MHz (as opposed to the default 6MHz) - not that any AVR can
do that.  It effectively adds some finer frequency granularity for use with
the AVR.

I have built the binary using MinGW and the headers and libs from
http://code.google.com/p/picusb/downloads/detail?name=libftdi_0.19git_devkit_mingw32_27August2011.zip

It's only been tested on Win7-64 bit with libusb-win32 1.2.5.0.

I have also added a new definition for the C232HM MPSSE cable from FTDI though
it's just a copy of the UM232H.

I'll update my site helix.air.net.au with the new Windows binary too.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 24 Feb 2012 02:13:17 PM GMT  Name: avrdude-fdi232h.patch  Size: 9kB
 By: roklobster

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=25155>