Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #30559] Ft232 bit-bang support

From: Rogier Wolff
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #30559] Ft232 bit-bang support
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:30:12 +0100

Hi David,

The reason I am working on this is to get the "builtin" ftdi ICSP
working so that you can reflash the arduino.

As Rene explains, the "serjtag" part is somehow part of the "history"
of the codebase, but not an essential part.

As we don't know anybody with the "serjtag" hardware it cannot be
tested at the moment, and it will move into a separate patch.

You are very much invited to test the ft234r programmer on your
arduino hardware.

Please download the patch, apply it to the svn sources, and install.

Now check /..../etc/avrdude.conf for the ft245r programmer
sections. There is bwmega, for which I have the hardware (and
hopefully soon Rene too).

Check if the pinout corresponds with what is documented on that
"serjtag" page you found. If not, please copy such a section, call it
arduino_icsp or something, and test. If/when it works, please send
that part of avrdude.conf to me so that I can include it in the patch.

It would be nice if you could make notes on what you need to do to
make the arduino IDE use this new programmer instead of the
bootloader. If you get that to work, you'll have a free 2k extra flash
memory you could use. :-) (or 4k on the '328?)

        Roger.

--
** address@hidden ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **