[avrdude-dev] [bug #34302] Feature request : device configuration with p

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34302] Feature request : device configuration with parent classes
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:29:19 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #34302 (project avrdude):

I think, right now, it's completely safe to assume that an
application will parse the configuration file exactly once.
Sure, adding a destructor would be the politically correct
thing to have, but there's more than that: restarting a yacc
parser would require additional precautions anyway.

As for the opcodes, I think the best thing would be to drop
them alltogether.  Atmel has never changed them, and if you
look at the Atmel tools like AVRISP or STK500, they don't
get fed an array of opcodes as part of their per-device
configuration.  Consequently, the opcodes must be tied into
firmware there, and cannot be changed.  Dropping the opcodes
would be a step towards the ability to generate the
avrdude.conf entry completely from the XML device data (which
don't have any notion of an ISP opcode either).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34302>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/