Re: [avrdude-dev] How do you tell Avrdude where to find usb libs during

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] How do you tell Avrdude where to find usb libs during configure
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 15:07:18 +0100

As Ed wrote:

> I've been trying to build Avrdude on Mac OS X (10.6.8) with USB
> support, but no matter what flags or libs I throw at it, the
> configure script does not find the USB libs.

Provided you've got the libraries (and respective header files)
installed (see Xiaofan's mail) but they are installed in a
non-standard location, you can indicate their location in the
environment of the configure script.  For example, for a library
installed in /usr/local, this would look like:

env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure