Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34436] giveio does not work on windows 7 64-bit.

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [bug #34436] giveio does not work on windows 7 64-bit.
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 08:04:34 +0200

As Jason Hecker wrote:

> If it can be resolved using the techniques or even the licence free
> code from http://www.highrez.co.uk/Downloads/InpOut32/default.htm then
> it should be done.  I'll look into it.

We only have to be careful: our hosting requirements on savannah (and
other opensource hosters like sourceforge.net would not be much
different in that) mandate that we do not provide software that links
against proprietary software.  It's not entirely clear to me whether
that driver is "free" in the sense of the FSF.  At least, it appears
the sourcecode is available.