[avrdude-dev] [bug #31699] ihex : unhandled ext. linear address records

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #31699] ihex : unhandled ext. linear address records and unoptimized empty (0xff) space
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 16:00:05 +0000

Update of bug #31699 (project avrdude):

             Assigned to:                    None => joerg_wunsch

Follow-up Comment #1:

Problem #1 is fixed with the recent introduction of memory
region tagging: only those memory regions where actual content
has been read for from a file are written to now.

You are encouraged to test the new feature set, but by now,
you'll have to do that straight from SVN trunk.

I cannot reproduce problem #2, and I can assure you we've
been using AVRDUDE to program bootloaders (or mixed application +
bootloader area code, for SPM access from the application)
for years now.

I just verified all this works fine, by simply redirecting
the .text section of an example program to 0x1f000, and
writing it to the flash of an ATmega1281 device.  All is fine,
the program text ends up in the correct location, and the
program runs as expected (ignoring the leading 0xffff program
words).

If you've really got a reproducible example for this, please
reopen the bug report.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?31699>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/