[avrdude-dev] Programming an XMega

From: Larry Colen
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Programming an XMega
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:11:45 -0700

I've been brought in at a friends company to modify the software in their in-house test stand. I'm afraid that I'm new to both AVR and this forum, as well as being under a big time crunch. So I apologize in advance if any of my questions are unnecessarily stupid.

They have an ARM based board that they use to test and serially program AVR boards. The old product is an AVR 644P, and they need to modify the software to program an AT XMEGA.

In short, what I am looking for is some sort of open source project that can program an Xmega PDI via a serial port. AVRDUDE looks promising, and if someone can point me to a description of how someone has used AVRDUDE in this way before, it would be very helpful. The AVRDUDE documentation isn't exactly over extensive.

--
Larry Colen address@hidden (from dos4est)