Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 5.11 and FTDI

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] AVRDUDE 5.11 and FTDI
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 10:07:25 +1000

> usb bulk write failed" when ftdi_write_data() is called.  Has anyone
> with a 2232H or 4232H having this trouble?

OK, now I can work with 5.11 and the updated (but unreleased) libftdi
0.19git and my 232H device the function ftdi_usb_purge_buffers() now
needs to change to ftdi_usb_purge_tx_buffer() in order for AVRDUDE to
work to completion in both Ubuntu Linux and Windows.  It would seem
the former function call works a bit differently internally with
libusb-1.0 and development libftdi.