[avrdude-dev] FTDI patch(patch(patch)))

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: [avrdude-dev] FTDI patch(patch(patch)))
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 19:31:48 +1000

>> I'll need to make a tweak or two - but after I make a new patch
>> submission what are the chances of it being included in AVRDUDE 5.11?
> They are good, provided:
> . the patch arrives as soon as possible,

Do you have a cutoff date for 5.11?

> . it includes documentation (if you think you won't be able to patch
>  the docs, at least write ASCII snippets of text blocks that can
>  be included),

Okidoki.  I'll see what I can do.  That said I get the impression that
the source needs some better documentation overall using Doxygen
perhaps.  I am not volunteering for that job though.  :)

> . the patch should not depend on proprietary libraries (like the
>  binary one from FTDI) - this would prevent it to be applicable to

No that's fine.  It uses the open libftdi and libusb-1.0 libraries.
OK, well, I'll submit them soon.  I hope you can fold it all in to the
trunk.

Jason