[avrdude-dev] [bug #29585] Fix license

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [avrdude-dev] [bug #29585] Fix license
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:03:29 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #29585 (project avrdude):

Of course, I can't tell for sure which have been the published
hosting requirements in 2003 (hopefully, some kind of VCS
would tell that), nor am I the one who registered the project
back then.  I can only tell from our VCS that these files
have never changed their license statement ever since.

My grief with the FDL is that it looks much more complicated
to me than the simple license the original author of this
project has chosen.  The FDL implies a lot more restrictions
about what you can do in particular with modified versions.

Exactly which of the clauses in the existing license do you
think is incompatible with the FDL 1.3?

(Btw., the requirements document requires compatibilty with
"GNU FDL version X or later".  I don't think there's a
"version X" available ...)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29585>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/