Re: [avrdude-dev] Building in AVRDUDEWindows

From: Jason Hecker
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Building in AVRDUDEWindows
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 21:13:58 +1000

> This looks like the .deps/ file(s) contain(s) target(s) like
>
> C:\\foo\bar.o:
> C:\\foo\mumble.o:

You are right.

Well, I ran Cygwin as Administrator, did:

autoreconf --force --install
./configure

then the special sauce:

mingw32-make

and it built!  I am applying some patches and it seems Cygwin's
"patch" changed the Windows permissions on a file called "pgm.h" and
mingw32-make borked until I fiddled with the security settings on the
file to allow 'Everyone' 'Full' access it.  WTF?!

OK, now I can do some actual work!

Thanks for your help!