[avrdude-dev] Cleanup after ^C

From: Michal Ludvig
Subject: [avrdude-dev] Cleanup after ^C
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:15:49 +1300

Hi all,

one outstanding problem with the BusPirate programmer that should be
addressed before the next release is the behaviour when avrdude gets
killed (for instance with Ctrl-C) during programming. That leaves the
BusPirate in a non-default mode that isn't very easy to get out from.

I'd like to prevent that by catching ^C, as that's the most likely cause
for an unclean exit, and reset BusPirate before avrdude dies. This can
easily be done in Linux/Unix(/OS-X?) with a custom handler for SIGINT
signal - is that an acceptable solution?

How to do something similar on Windows?

And how do the other programmers handle unclean exits? Do we simply
leave them in a funny state and reset before the next run?

Your ideas?

Michal