Re: [avrdude-dev] GUI using Lib

From: Jurgis Brigmanis
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] GUI using Lib
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:54:45 +0200

In fact fprintf()s is not the biggest problem. You could change stderr
to pipe or something.

However, exit(1)s is a great problem for GUI. While for CLI it's OK to
terminate program on any error, it's totally unacceptable for GUI.

I suggest to change single fprintf()s to avrdude_msg() (or something
like that) and fprintf()s with following exit()s to avrdude_error().
And let front-end's programmer decide what those functions do.

It would be, however, one hell of a job to change that everywhere :-(