[avrdude-dev] GUI using Lib

From: John
Subject: [avrdude-dev] GUI using Lib
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 12:14:44 +0100

Hello,

the last (weekend-)days i tried to build a GUI for avrdude using the libavrdude.a. I checked out the last version from CVS, and compiled it under Windose (with USB) What i have now is a testversion, that reads the system-config file, an i filled a dropdown with AVR types an programers.

What i like to have is a C++ wxWidget project.
But i found a vast of fprintf's in the lib what i think is not GUI like ;-)
How can we get rid of this ?
As a workaround i tried to #define my own fprintf (reroute) function, to have a messagebox, but my c[++] knowledge is not as much as i would like to have it,
i coded in java the last years ;-)
(what is a global variable :)

i read that s.o. tries to do, too, but i can't find a Post in the archives
http://www.mikrocontroller.net/topic/97641#845066

some pics and the .exe found here
http://roboter.net-con.net/avrdude/

You need USB (libusb0.dll, (not cygusb0) 0.1.12)
Tested under XP and Win2k, i built it under Win2k

PS:
thanks to Joerg for the Windows LPT-address-patch.

with regards
John