Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem

From: Ville Voipio
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Avrdude Gui problem
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:08:07 +0200

Well the ELF file is certainly not intended for something like that
(adding HTML, PDF, whatever), and never will be. But the point is that
now the ELF file contains the fuse and lockbit information, which it
didn't before. The ELF file now has everything concerning the
*application* itself.

I agree, and I think this is a very good thing. But then I am coming back to what I said earlier:

In _factory floor use_ it is essential to have some instructions for the people doing the actual work. If the instructions are sent in a separate file, they get lost, and sooner or later the instructions and the programming files are somehow not pairs.

So, then the reasonable solution is to squeeze both files in a single .zip-file which can be easily e-mailed to the factory.

I hope this clarifies why I was talking about the .zip bundle.

- Ville